Navigator Project at LawNY
LawNY® has Navigators who help individuals and families enroll in health insurance.
You may be able to enroll in health insurance within 60 days of a “qualifying life event,” which include:
- Loss of health insurance
- Moving into or within New York State
- Loss of Essential Health Coverage
- Having or adopting a child
- Becoming eligible or ineligible for financial assistance
- Becoming a citizen, national or lawfully present individual
- No longer being eligible for a parent’s health insurance
If you qualify, you can enroll in Medicaid, Child Health Plus and Essential Plan (new) anytime throughout the year.
Navigators do not work for a health insurance company and provide unbiased advice and assistance. Our Navigators can walk you through the enrollment process and help resolve issues that come up.
We can travel to you to help you enroll in health insurance. We can also set up appointments to accommodate your schedule.